Monday, June 18, 2012

Giving AND Getting!

One thing I really love about having this blog is that my friends and family tend to think of me and email me with great deals that they find! Yesterday I got an email from a high school friend with the following deal, and it's a really good one! Incidentally, she's also a very good tour guide when you take a day off and end up spontaneously wandering around her town for the afternoon.


So I'm a little late in posting this, but there is still plenty of time to cash in. If there is a Shaw's near you, you have until Thursday to get a coupon for $20 off your next purchase when you buy $100 in gift cards. This may sound like a lot of money to spend, but think of all the possibilities:

  • Headed to a wedding this summer? I'm sure the couple could use gift cards to Home Depot, Lowe's, Bed Bath & Beyond, etc.
  • Have a road trip planned? Stock up on gas cards and save money on groceries at the same time! In fact, this is a great idea without the road trip planned because you will always need gas!
  • Christmas is only 6 months away (I'm really sorry to do that to you..!), so stock up on gift cards for friends and family now!
  • Treat yourself! Is there a restaurant you like to eat at, or a store you shop at regularly? Buy yourself the gift card now, use it the next time you make a purchase, and get $20 off your next grocery purchase too!

Make sure you check the weekly ad to confirm that this promotion is available in your area. Had I known about this sooner, I could have taken advantage for Father's Day and my boyfriend's birthday this week (Happy Birthday, Favorite!). Then again, most gift cards do not expire, so I can always stock up for next year!

Please keep sending me all of your great deals! 

No comments:

Post a Comment