Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Haunt Your House for Cheap!

Sometime towards the end of September I flipped the calendar over early so that my boyfriend would let me decorate for Halloween. He's not really the Scrooge type, but for some reason he didn't want to decorate until it was officially October. I think he just didn't want to face the fact that summer is over. I, on the other hand, could not stop buying Halloween decorations every time I walked into a dollar store. They're just so cute and they're only $1, so even if I get 30 of them, that's still like....wicked cheap, right?!

I realize this is terribly uncool, but I love the dollar store for things like this. I mean we got some pretty good decorations for just $1, and a lot of them will probably get reused next year. Even the ones that don't (like the static cling pumpkin my kitten has been pretty persistent in insisting should not stay hanging on our window) well, they were a dollar. I also got all my Halloween party plates, cups, napkins, straws, table cloths, candy bowls, and platters from the dollar store, which would have been scarily, creepily, frighteningly expensive had I gone to iParty or Target.



I can't wait to go back for Christmas decorations!! Maybe I can afford enough things to make my car more festive than this guy's:

No comments:

Post a Comment