Friday, January 7, 2011

Is There a Dent in Your Couch That Looks Strangely Similar to Your...err...Backside?

There's not in mine! It's in my bed instead and it's shaped more like my entire body...


So January is the month where gyms get real busy with everyone kidding themselves about New Year's Resolutions, right? Well my friend Lizz pointed out this morning that you don't need to belong to a gym to take some good classes, do some yoga, and work out at home - you can use Netflix! If you don't already belong to Netflix, it's cheaper than a gym membership and they have some great options for workout DVDs. I just found Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred on there, and Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease (you know you were curious), and there are a bunch of yoga and Pilates videos as well. You don't even have to wait for the DVD anymore, you can watch some of them right from your computer, Wii, Ps3, Xbox, iPhone, etc. Now you really have no excuses! (Sorry about that...)

But if you DO want to join a gym, I suggest Work Out World. It's so cheap! $20/month for unlimited use of all their locations, classes (they have a great schedule!), and you can bring a friend for free! I just joined, but the club near me doesn't open until next week, so I can't *really* recommend this to you yet, other than to tell you it sounds amazing, but I will definitely check back and let you know what I think! I really hope this dude doesn't go there:

Actually, I really hope I don't run into that guy ANYWHERE.

If you're more into working out at home, there is also a really good deal right now on adjustable dumbbells at Walmart until tomorrow. I think it's kind of a secret because I don't see it in the flier or online, but I saw it myself at the store last night. It's a set of 2 with four vinyl 7.5lb weights and four 2.5 ones - so 40lb total - for $19. I searched this morning to see how good of a deal this was (they're originally $48) and similar ones are very expensive everywhere else. There are some chrome ones for $400 at Target! That's nuts! That's like 2 years worth of gym memberships!

1 comment:

  1. When I look like this im going to burst through the wall like kool-aid. Ohhh yeeeaaaaaaahhhh! I may need help shaving my face or tying my shoes though...

    ReplyDelete