Friday, January 14, 2011

What Do Fly Fishing, iPads, Sweaters, and Coffee Tables Have In Common?

Ok, so it's been a few days since my last post, but that's because I overwhelmed myself with this one and I keep staring at it deciding how I want to fit everything in. I originally wanted to tell you about the classes that A.C. Moore and Michael's offer, but when I started researching it I found SO many more places that offer these! I want to sign up for them all!

Apple - You can take a free Apple workshop on everything from learning about your new iPad to using iTunes or iWork. There are a bunch of these, and frankly I'm shocked because nothing Apple puts out is inexpensive, so for these to be FREE is amazing. I want to buy an iPad just to take the class.

Bass Pro Shops - I'm not much of a girly girl, but I'm also not that much into fly fishing or hunting either. Some of these workshops don't really interest me, but others sound kinda fun, like the snowshoeing adventure. I really just included this one because the Bass Pro Shop is such a fun store to visit. I mean, you could walk around the entire store just looking up at all the things hanging from the ceiling, although I don't recommend this because there ARE stairs. There's also a shooting arcade that's pretty fun even if you stink at it and use 30 shots just to make the little beaver pop up.


Michaels - These classes change every month, but this is the current schedule. They have little in-store demos and I've made a bracelet there once. The demos are free, but the classes sometimes cost money, like the price of materials or something. These are my weakness because I love fun crafty things, but I haven't done one in a while!

A.C. Moore - They also offer in-store classes and I've taken a jewelry one here too. I think it was $17 and we learned to make a necklace. We had to buy or bring our own beads, but the tools were available for everyone to use. When I put my zip code into the link above, there are no classes listed for January in the store closest to me, which is the first time I've ever seen that happen, so keep checking because there usually are a few each month for jewelry making, cake decorating, and yarn projects. I'm thinking of making something like this for next year's ugly christmas sweater parties:


Williams Sonoma -  I've been wanting to do one of these forever! Um..and I certainly could use the lesson. Ask my mom about the time I cried making chicken, or tried to make baked mac & cheese without cooking the macaroni first. I think I will sign up for one of these right away...

Home Depot - At first I wanted to be offended at the "Do-it-herself" workshops on this site, but then I read about them and...well, they actually are things that I wouldn't have a clue how to go about doing, so they seem helpful. And FREE! There are also kid workshops and a projects section too.

I'm going to keep searching for more of these, but if you know of some that I missed, definitely let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment